In these crazy times, keeping an eagle-eye on your money has never been more important. Most British adults have more than one bank account and at least two credit cards. Staying on top of your spending can be one task too many, especially when you are logging in and out of multiple apps and online platforms.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could view all your accounts in one place?
Look no further. Building on the success of the Money Dashboard app, the Money Dashboard team have now launched a new app – Money Dashboard Neon – which allows you to manage all your accounts in a really handy way. Those clever people have also chucked in a bunch of brilliant new features.
Here we take a closer look at the new Money Dashboard Neon app and how it can take the stress out of keeping tabs on your finances.
What is Money Dashboard Neon?
Named the Best Personal Finance App at the 2020 British Bank Awards and with over 500,000 registered users, Money Dashboard have been helping people to stay on top of their finances for 10 years. Just like the original Money Dashboard app, the new and improved Neon app also helps you see all of your bank accounts in one place, making it easier to manage your money.
However, with the new Money Dashboard Neon app you can now do so much more, like categorising your spending and income into bills, groceries and holidays and making it easier to transfer money between your accounts.
How does it work?
In under five minutes, the Money Dashboard Neon app connects to your bank accounts and credit cards so you can see exactly how much money you have all in one place.
Just download the Money Dashboard Neon app from the App Store for iOS users, Google Play for android users or from the handy web app, link your bank accounts and credit cards and – as the name suggests – the app will display all your money in a clear dashboard format, showing you exactly how much you have in each account.
What does it do?
Think of the Money Dashboard Neon app as your own personal finance assistant, helping you to set your budget, check your balances and boost your savings all in one place. The new categorisation feature also helps you see exactly what you are spending your money on.
Exciting new features on the Neon app:
- Connects your bank accounts, savings accounts, credit cards, pensions and investments.
- Calculates your ‘Balance after Bills’ so you know what you have left to spend before payday.
- Creates custom categories of your spending over time, such as groceries, bills and holidays.
- Tracks your spending to help you set up simple budgets, so you can start saving towards your financial goals.
- Predicts your end of month balance so you can budget effectively.
- Provides you with a historic spending analysis so you know in which areas might be overspending (or underspending!).
- Allows you to securely transfer money between your accounts, which helps you avoid late charges and overdraft fees by quickly and easily sweeping funds between your accounts.
- Organises your money so you can maximise interest rates and avoid penalties.
- Allows you to delete bank accounts you no longer use from the app.
Will my money be safe?
Money Dashboard is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is a registered provider on openbanking.org. The app connects to over 40 banks through Open Banking APIs which means they will never share your data or credentials with a third party.
Money Dashboard has been operating safely for 10 years and were named the UK’s Best Personal Finance App in 2017, 2018 and 2020 at the Best Bank Awards. They have safely connected over 1 million bank accounts, giving you peace of mind that your money is secure.
Why use Money Dashboard Neon?
For those who aren’t keen on mobile apps, you can also get Money Dashboard Neon through their web app, making it easier for users to manage their accounts on a computer.
Also, unlike some competitors, Money Dashboard are independent of banks and their data monetisation strategy means they don’t need to push third party products to their users.
What if I already have the original Money Dashboard app?
Money Dashboard’s old app has been renamed “Money Dashboard Classic”, and if you have an account you can carry on using it with the same great service. To get started with the new Neon app, just register a new account here to get started.
Over to you!
Do you use a budgeting or money management platform to stay on top of your finances? Share your experiences with us here, we’d love to hear from you!
- Money Mindset: How to Change Your Mindset for Financial Success - November 28, 2023
- The Wealth of Health: Investing in Your Body - October 10, 2023
- 10 Strategies to Boost Customer Engagement and Drive Sales - July 19, 2023