It’s International Women’s Day is this week – hooray!!
International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8 every year and this year’s theme is Press for Progress. IWD celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women and there is a lot to celebrate.
Through our articles and inspiring community, we are committed to empowering women so they can continue to #PressforProgress.
While there is still a lot to achieve, there are many inspirational women giving us hope of a brighter future and inspiring others to follow in their footsteps.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, we’ve compiled a list of some the best money quotes and sage pieces from powerful women to motivate you. In fact, these quotes might just give you that little push of motivation you need to take charge of your finances and #PressforProgress.
We’ve also compiled a FREE E-Book of the quotes; to keep you motivated on the go. You can download your free copy here.
Get inspired as you read through this classic collection of some of the best money quotes from these trailblazing and inspiring women.
55 Best Money Quotes from Powerful Women
1. “If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.” – Dorothy Parker
2. “Treat your mind like money, don’t waste it.” – Sophia Amoruso
3. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
4. “Money isn’t everything…but it ranks right up there with oxygen.” – Rita DavenportMoney isn't everything...but it ranks right up there with oxygen.” - Rita Davenport Click To Tweet
5. “Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it.” – Rebecca Johnson
6. “I must say I hate money, but it’s the lack of it that I hate most.” – Katherine Mansfield
7. “A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
8. “A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.” – Virginia Woolf“A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.” - Virginia WoolfClick To Tweet
9. “The two most beautiful words in the English language are ‘cheque enclosed.” – Dorothy Parker
10. “Money doesn’t fall out of the sky. We had a business plan, an extraordinary proposal, and it was the right timing.” – Sheila Johnson
11. “When you undervalue who you are, the world will undervalue what you do and vice versa.” – Suze Orman
12. “Make your money and buy your freedom”. Tamara Mellon“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love.” - Maya Angelou Click To Tweet
13. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” – Maya Angelou
14. “Love is a wonderful thing; rare is a woman who finds that it comes with a full cheque book.” Merrym Somerset Webb
15. “Don’t marry for money. You can borrow it cheaper.” – Lois P. Frankel
16. “Money may not buy love, but fighting about it will bankrupt your relationship.” – Michelle Singletary
17. “Disagreements over money are the biggest cause of divorce.” – Susan Elizabeth Phillips“Money may not buy love, but fighting about it will bankrupt your relationship.” - Michelle SingletaryClick To Tweet
18. “The easiest way for your children to learn about money is for you not to have any.” Katharine Whitehorn
19. “Everyone wants to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Wilfrey
20. “Some people make enough, some people don’t, and it has nothing to do with their paycheck.” – Janene Murphy
21. “Money looks better in the bank than on your feet.” – Sophia Amoruso
22. “I would rather carry around a plastic bag with five thousand Euro inside, than carry around a Louis Vuitton/Gucci/Prada bag with only one hundred Euro inside!” – C. JoyBell C.“Money looks better in the bank than on your feet.” - Sophia AmorusoClick To Tweet
23. “When I look at my savings account, I don’t see pounds and pence, I see freedom.” – Merryn Somerset Webb
24. “If you’re not staying on top of your money, you are putting your financial well-being at risk.” – Suze Orman
25. “We can tell our values by looking at our checkbook stubs.” – Gloria Steinem
26. “Look everywhere you can to cut a little bit from your expenses. It will all add up to a meaningful sum.” – Suze Orman
27. “Stop buying things you don’t need, to impress people you don’t even like.” – Suze Orman“Stop buying things you don’t need, to impress people you don’t even like.” - Suze OrmanClick To Tweet
28. “Money dignifies what is frivolous if unpaid for.” – Virginia Woolf
29. “Credit buying is much like being drunk. The buzz happens immediately and gives you a lift… The hangover comes the day after.” – Joyce Brothers
30. “Debt erases freedom more surely than anything else.” – Merryn Somerset Webb
31. “Smart women figure out what, exactly, makes them happiest. They spend generously on those things but cut out the rest.” – Laura Vanderkam
32. “I vowed never again to create more bills than I could pay. I just hated the way overspending made me feel.” – Oprah Wilfrey“Smart women figure out what, exactly, makes them happiest. They spend generously on those things but cut out the rest.” - Laura VanderkamClick To Tweet
33. “Money may not buy happiness, but I’d rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.” – Françoise Sagan
34. “I guess money can’t buy happiness if you shop in the wrong places.” – Nora Roberts, Tribute
35. “People who say that money can’t buy happiness just don’t know where to shop.” – Kathy Lette
36. “Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.” – Helen Gurley Brown
37. “You can be happy with money and you can be wretched with it. It depends on what kind of person you are.” – Taylor Caldwell“You can be happy with money and you can be wretched with it. It depends on what kind of person you are.” - Taylor CaldwellClick To Tweet
38. “Money isn’t everything; your health is the other ten per cent.” – Lillian Day
39. “Money can’t buy happiness, but it certainly is a stress reliever.” – Besa Kosova
40. “Money cannot buy health, but I’d settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair.” – Dorothy Parker
41. “If you’re given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal.” – Katherine Hepburn
42. “Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That’s how rich I want to be.” – Rita Rudner“Being rich is having money. Being wealthy is having time.” - Margaret BonnaoClick To Tweet
43. “Being rich is having money. Being wealthy is having time.” – Margaret Bonnao
44. “I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.” – Gloria Steinem
45. “Women with money and women in power are two uncomfortable ideas in our society” – Candace Bushnell
46. “Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry.” – Gloria Steinem
47. “What I know about money, I learned the hard way – by having had it.” – Margaret Halsey“Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry.” - Gloria SteinemClick To Tweet
48. “Did we ever plan on being billionaires? No, but we wanted to be millionaires.” – Diane Hendricks
49. “The only way not to think about money is to have a great deal of it.” – Edith Wharton
50. “Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.” – Agatha Christie
51. “Anything that you learn becomes your wealth, a wealth that cannot be taken away from you.” – C. JoyBell
52. “Fortune does not change people, it unmasks them.” – Suzanne Necker“Fortune does not change people, it unmasks them.” - Suzanne NeckerClick To Tweet
53. “shortest period of time lies between the minute you put some money away for a rainy day and the unexpected arrival of rain.” – Jane Bryant Quinn
54. “Balancing your money is the key to having enough.” – Elizabeth Warren
55. “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
56. “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.” – Mother Teresa
What is your best money quotes and why? Share with us in the comments below!